The entire crew was again as we speak, with Natasha and Danny and I gathered to parse over what was actually a blast of reports. A lot of startups are elevating. A lot of VCs are elevating. And a few unicorns are capturing to go public. It’s lots to get by means of, however we’re right here to catch you up.
Right here’s what we bought into:
- A Media Roundup: The Juggernaut raised $2 million in a spherical that we discovered to be each cool and well timed. The information of a media startup elevating cash was paired with rumors of an exit for email media darling Morning Brew for a price-tag of as much as $75 million. Undergirding every story was recent reporting concerning the revenue success that Axios is enjoying. It’s good to report on some media information that isn’t contemporary layoffs.
- A cluster of wellness startups elevating capital: When you wish to work out your thoughts and physique, it was a superb week of reports for you. Calm is looking for new funds at a frewh, increased valuation. PJDM has coverage here. Coa did elevate, adding $3 million to its coffers for psychological well being group courses. And Playbook put together $9.3 million for its fitness instructor platform.
- VCs raised tons: It’s a scorching time for VCs themselves to boost cash, with OpenView, Canaan, True Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, First Round, and Khosla both closing rounds or saying new fundraises.
- Additionally on the VC beat: Terri Burns was made an investing partner at GV.
- Lastly, we bought into the recent GetAround funding and turnaround story, which segued us into Airbnb’s own recovery. PJDM has more here.
And with that, we’re off till Monday morning. Chat quickly, and keep protected.
#time #labored #soul #PJDM