UFC 254 is now simply hours away. With the exception of a few stragglers, the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go. On the high of the cardboard is arguably the largest battle of 2020: An entire banger in each sense of the phrase. A light-weight unification contest between and .
From a kinds standpoint, it could possibly be probably the most compelling match-up of the 12 months.
In a single nook we’ve got Nurmagomedov: Probably the most dominant champion in UFC historical past. With a document of 28-0, he is solely misplaced one spherical in his whole MMA profession — towards— and has dominated virtually each different second he is been within the octagon.
Within the different nook, presumably his nightmare match-up. Justin Gaethje is not only a technical brawler with concrete slabs for arms (and perhaps one of the best leg kicks in MMA) he is additionally a world class wrestler. The consensus is Gaethje has a greater likelihood than anybody to maintain this battle on the toes and out of Nurmagomedov’s consolation zone — who likes to take opponent down and wreck them with floor and pound until they’re sapped of life and power. If you’d like additional perception into this match-up, you may’t do higher than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Nice present, nice perception.
If you’d like somewhat extra data on the battle and the backstory main as much as the competition, I like to recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s undercard is fairly gentle, except for one battle: A middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. That one might be an absolute banger so do not miss it. Whittaker is among the greatest UFC middleweights ever and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball within the final couple of years. The winner will probably face off towards present champ, so tune in.
Easy methods to watch UFC 254
This 12 months the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper alternative. Particularly when you’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC dwell within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know how you can watch UFC 254, you will solely discover the battle night time on PPV by means of ESPN Plus. The price construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to look at UFC on ESPN, in response to ESPN’s site.
- Current yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $65.
- Current month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will be capable to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to look at the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should buy a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one 12 months, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do the entire above on the hyperlink beneath.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 254 exclusively through BT Sport. There are extra choices when you dwell in Australia. You possibly can watch UFC 254 by means of Primary Occasion on Foxtel. You can too watch on the UFC website or using its app. You possibly can even order using your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app on your Xbox One.
It is a bizarre one. Usually UFC occasions have the identical begin occasions, this time spherical it is completely topsy turvy so pay shut consideration to the occasions beneath. For these in different areas, the UFC has a great list of start times.
- The principle card begins Oct. 24, 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Oct. 24, 10.15 a.m. ET (7.15 a.m. PT).
- The principle card begins Oct. 24, 7 p.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 5 p.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Oct 24, 3.15 BST.
- The principle card begins Oct. 25, 5 a.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Oct. 25, Three a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Oct. 25, 1.15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is topic to vary. We’ll attempt to preserve up to date as a lot as doable.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wooden vs. Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev
#UFC #Khabib #Nurmagomedov #Justin #Gaethje #Begin #time #watch #battle #card