UFC 254 has began: The prelims are underway, and the primary occasion is imminent. With the exception of a few stragglers, the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go. On the prime of the cardboard is arguably the largest struggle of 2020: An entire banger in each sense of the phrase. A light-weight unification contest between and .
From a types standpoint, it could possibly be essentially the most compelling match-up of the 12 months.
Learn extra at CBS Sports activities: UFC 254 dwell updates
In a single nook we now have Nurmagomedov: Essentially the most dominant champion in UFC historical past. With a report of 28-0, he is solely misplaced one spherical in his complete MMA profession — in opposition to— and has dominated virtually each different second he is been within the octagon.
Within the different nook, probably his nightmare match-up. Justin Gaethje isn’t just a technical brawler with concrete slabs for fingers (and possibly the very best leg kicks in MMA) he is additionally a world class wrestler. The consensus is Gaethje has a greater likelihood than anybody to maintain this struggle on the toes and out of Nurmagomedov’s consolation zone — who likes to take opponent down and wreck them with floor and pound until they’re sapped of life and vitality. If you need additional perception into this match-up, you’ll be able to’t do higher than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Nice present, nice perception.
If you need a bit extra info on the struggle and the backstory main as much as the competition, I like to recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s undercard is fairly mild, except for one struggle: A middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. That one shall be an absolute banger so do not miss it. Whittaker is likely one of the greatest UFC middleweights ever and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball within the final couple of years. The winner will most probably face off in opposition to present champ, so tune in.
Methods to watch UFC 254
This 12 months the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however dangerous information for client alternative. Particularly when you’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC dwell within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know find out how to watch UFC 254, you will solely discover the struggle night time on PPV by way of ESPN Plus. The associated fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to look at UFC on ESPN, in keeping with ESPN’s site.
- Current yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $65.
- Current month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will have the ability to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to look at the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one 12 months, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do all the above on the hyperlink beneath.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 254 exclusively through BT Sport. There are extra choices when you dwell in Australia. You’ll be able to watch UFC 254 by way of Important Occasion on Foxtel. You may also watch on the UFC website or using its app. You’ll be able to even order using your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app on your Xbox One.
It is a bizarre one. Usually UFC occasions have the identical begin instances, this time spherical it is completely topsy turvy so pay shut consideration to the instances beneath. For these in different areas, the UFC has a great list of start times.
- The primary card begins Oct. 24, 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Oct. 24, 10.15 a.m. ET (7.15 a.m. PT).
- The primary card begins Oct. 24, 7 p.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 5 p.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Oct 24, 3.15 BST.
- The primary card begins Oct. 25, 5 a.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Oct. 25, Three a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Oct. 25, 1.15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is topic to alter. We’ll attempt to preserve up to date as a lot as attainable.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wooden vs. Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev
#UFC #Khabib #Nurmagomedov #Justin #Gaethje #watch #begin #time #struggle #card