This week Natasha Mascarenhas, Danny Crichton and myself hosted a reside taping at Disrupt for a digital reception. It was good enjoyable, although after all we’re trying ahead to bringing the reside present again to the convention subsequent yr, vaccine permitting.
What did we speak about? All of this (and a few very, very unhealthy jokes):
- The Nice American SPAC-Off: As both Opendoor and Desktop Metal approach the general public markets on the wings of SPACs, we ask why. And why now we have to maintain speaking about SPACs, which we don’t wish to do.
- However the public markets are scorching and lively, with firms like JFrog and Snowflake going public to nice impact. JFrog had a great IPO. Snowflake had an insane IPO.
- However there was plenty of motion from the personal markets as nicely, together with Airtable raising $185 million, ApplyBoard raised a $55 million extension, and Tonal raised $110 million, as a result of linked health is hotter than SaaS in the mean time.
- We additionally riffed on Natasha’s venture trends’ piece, digging into get to conviction in a remote-only world. Because it seems, now we have notes on video video games.
- And there have been two new funds, together with one from the Chainsmokers (scorching, enjoyable, nice) and another from Greylock (conventional, Victorian, and large). In additional critical commentary, the Greylock elevate continues the mega-fund period.
After which we tried to play a recreation that will or might not make it into the ultimate minimize. Both method, it was nice to have Fairness again at Disrupt. Extra to come back. Hugs from us!
#Faculties #closing #doorways #OpenDoor #isnt #TechCrunch