Now, what did we get to? Other than slightly of every thing, we ran via:
- The fall of Quibi, and who lost money in the mix. PJDM has a bit extra on the video service’s downfall here.
- The Netflix quarter, and why its shares lost ground after its report. The Quibi-Netflix tales present that it’s not clean crusing available in the market for on-line video.
- If Netflix stumbled, Snap soared with stronger-than-expected growth. The corporate nonetheless loses plenty of cash, nevertheless it’s getting nearer to cheap outcomes, and has masses of cash.
- Then we turned to some media startups that raised, including $4 million for Stir and $2.5 million for Quake. Quake the podcasting firm, thoughts, not the superb FPS.
- Subsequent was a handful of housing rounds, together with the very neat Abodu and the somewhat controversial RVshare, which cut up the three of us about whether or not or not it was going to work out.
- Then we had some nice reporting from Natasha to parse via, together with her piece on startup hacker houses, and her report on a new women-focused accelerator class.
Whew! It was rather a lot, but in addition excellent enjoyable. Search for clips on YouTube if you happen to’d like, and we’ll chat you all subsequent Monday.
#Quibis #shortform #life #PJDM