Hi there and welcome again to Equity, PJDM’s enterprise capital-focused podcast the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
That is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the newest massive information, chats in regards to the coming week, digs into some current funding rounds and mulls over a bigger theme or narrative from the personal markets. You possibly can observe the present on Twitter here and myself here — and don’t overlook to take a look at last Friday’s episode.
So, what was on our minds this morning?
- Headlines: The Twilio-Segment deal is real, occurring, and is priced about the place we anticipated. Massive names within the ex-China Web need to make encryption worse. And, how the US authorities would break up Google is changing into clearer by the week.
- On the Twilio Section deal, as PJDM and Forbes anticipated, the transaction got here in round $3.2 billion, forming one thing of a API monster from their mixed type. As we famous on the present, a lot of buyers made a mint from the transaction.
- Airkit has raised $28 million whereas in stealth since 2017. What does it do? Per Forbes, it’s a “low-code platform” that wishes to “enhance buyer engagement.” That’s notably much like what Section does.
- Flash Express raised $200 million, because the on-demand and supply areas keep scorching.
- And Razorpay raised $100 million at a valuation of $1 billion, that means that we now have simply witnessed the beginning of yet one more fintech unicorn.
- And, lastly, heat public markets imply that the startup and VC recreation will keep afoot, even when we see a pre-election dip in IPOs.
We hope that you’re properly and heat and absolutely of fine spirits. Again quickly!
#Fairness #Monday #Twilio #buys #Section #Airkit #raises #28M #lowcode #platform #PJDM