Hiya and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
That is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the most recent massive information, chats concerning the coming week, digs into some latest funding rounds and mulls over a bigger theme or narrative from the personal markets. You may observe the present on Twitter here and myself here — and don’t neglect to take a look at last Friday’s episode.
What a busy morning. We needed to cowl TikTok . We needed to discuss VC rounds. So, that is what we acquired as much as:
- US tech shares are poised to dump additional this morning.
- The Oracle-TikTok-Walmart-ByteDance deal is both coming into focus, or a interval of even much less readability. It’s exhausting to inform.
- Nikola founder Trevor Milton is leaving the board of his own company within the wake of fraud allegations. Shares of the corporate are sharply decrease in pre-market buying and selling.
- Turning to TikTok, this primer represents the most effective over-the-weekend roundup that we might discover. However, in fact, issues are nonetheless breaking as we come to print.
- Since recording, Oracle has mentioned that “upon creation of TikTok World, Oracle/Walmart will make their funding and the TikTok World shares will probably be distributed to their house owners, Individuals would be the majority and ByteDance could have no possession in TikTok World.” And, President Trump mentioned this morning that China has to surrender management of TikTok or the deal is off. ByteDance has mentioned that it’s going to retain management. You work that out.
- However there was some good things to talk about. Together with the super-neat Mobile Premier League round worth $90 million, growth news from EU-based Babbel, a new London-based Seed fund that got raised, and a Swedish healthtech Series B.
- As you guessed from right this moment’s title, it was enjoyable to see such a focus of EU VC exercise.
- Lastly, will the Nikola mess discourage extra SPACs from taking corporations public? If the remainder of the inventory market wasn’t promoting off, we might have mentioned no. However right this moment? Is the reply possibly?
#Fairness #Monday #TikTok #mess #grip #neat #European #exercise #TechCrunch